Embedded SQL Beyond the Basics
You have been using embedded SQL in RPG. You have mastered the syntax, tried a few selects, declared a cursor, performed an update – you may even have tried some dynamic SQL!
Time to take it to the next stage and see what you can do with embedded SQL – beyond the basics
Topics covered in this session include:
- Discussion of the key points in writing powerful embedded SQL
- What tools should you use to write and test SQL prior to embedding it?
- Controlling CRTSQLRPGI
- SQLCA and SQLCODE considerations
- Getting data without SELECT – GET DIAGNOSTICS and VALUES INTO
- Mastering Multi Row Fetch
- Handling NULL
- Dates, Times and Timestamps
Prerequisite: This session assumes you are familiar with the topics covered in Embedded SQL – the Basics
Date: June 6, 2017
Time: 2:40 pm - 3:45 pm