For many releases we just used it. However as server virtualization becomes more and more mainstream IBM began to add enhancements and capability. Starting with IBM i 7.1 and the Technology refresh capability group IBM has added significant new capability to IBM i. In this session we’ll cover the basic Line description and making it reliable. We’ll discuss adding of IP addresses both real and virtual IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. Then well dig into the new capabilities of aggregated lines and bridging Next we’ll discuss load balancing and Ethernet line failover in a virtual IP environment. Finally we’ll discuss Ethernet and IP Troubleshooting including new Comm Trace options, Traceroute, Ping, NSlookup, Dig and more!
1. All the important parts of the IBM i Ethernet Line Description.
2. How to set up IP addresses and Routes properly both IPV4 and IPV
3. Setting up load balancing and IP address failover.
4. How to build an aggregated line description
5. How to configure an Ethernet Bridge.
6. How to use some of IBM i’s IP Troubleshooting tools.